Monday, February 15, 2010

Way to go Richard!

This weekend Richard and I traveled to Harrisburg where we represented the Penn State Facilities Engineering Institute (PSFEI)--Richard's work--at an awards gala (black tie event). During the awards ceremony, PSFEI was recognized as a finalist in the category of Best Technology Company. What's even more fabulous than the dress I wore and Richard's tuxedo was that the award nomination was based on a Web-based application Richard created for the energy team (a group of engineers).



In addition, his team was recently recognized by James Creedon, secretary of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of General Services (DGS) for their work in saving the state millions of dollars in 2009. Ironically--okay not so ironically--when you read the news release about this recognition you will quickly realize that they were recognized for a "Web-based platform" that Richard--the only software engineer on the team--developed. I am so glad he loves his job. He works with some great people.

4 comments:

Nathan said...

Congrats Richard! By the way, if a blue/white Penn State shirt some how got to me, I would be only too happy to wear it to express my love for you two!

Corri said...

That's wonderful! I'm impressed, and I'm glad that Richard is enjoying his work so much.
But where are the pictures of your dress?

KaDee said...

Congrats Richard!
Yes, I agree that we need a picture of you in your dress Pam.

PS - The kids ask about you guys all the time. We miss you!

Robert Thompson said...

Congratulations Richards! Nice work.