Tuesday, February 01, 2011

What a Gray Day Looks Like







Describing what a gray day looks like in Pennsylvania, specifically State College/Bellefonte, is a little hard to describe. Today, around 4:30, after I finished teaching my class, I decided to take a few pictures of what PA looks like on a gray day. In reality, I just wanted to take pictures of Old Main, the building featured in these photographs, but I figured that these pictures also showcase what it's like not to see the sun. Having multiple days like this (and potentially weeks) sure makes you grateful for every time you see the sun. But with all the snow on the ground, I think Old Main looks pretty cool.

FYI: These photos were not tinted or modified in any way. This is really what a gray day looks like in State College. You'll notice that the sky looks like dirty snow and there are not really any defined clouds, just a nice gray covering. It's pretty interesting.

1 comment:

Corri said...

That is so interesting-- I don't think I've seen anything quite like that before.

We have lots of sun here today, and I'm happy about that!