Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Next Adventure

On Monday I get to start my next adventure--learning the violin. I am so excited to take lessons. I love the violin! As an adult, I have always wanted to learn. The last five years I have always said I am going to learn the violin once I complete my doctorate. Now, it's about to happen. For graduation my parents bought me a violin. We picked it up in Utah before my brother Richard's wedding and then brought it back to Pennsylvania. It's a beautiful instrument.

In July I responded to an advertisement on Craigslist from an instructor who was looking to teach piano and violin lessons. The woman said she was moving to my area in August. Well, I met her on Sunday. She is a member of my church. I talked with her right before Relief Society started, then I taught the lesson, and then I talked with her after church, all without knowing she was my instructor. She went home from church and realized the two of us had been corresponding about lessons. What a tender mercy!!!! I can't wait for lessons to begin!

No comments: