Sunday, November 01, 2009

One Proud Aunt

For Halloween this year Richard threatened to shave his head, put a suit on, and call himself Daddy Warbucks. Minus the gobs dough that are NOT in our bank account he may have looked pretty convincing. He said my hair is red enough that I could curl it, put on a red dress and be Annie. In the end we didn’t dress up and Richard kept what’s left of his hair—whew! Unfortunately, we didn’t make it to our branch Halloween party Saturday night either. But on Friday we did get away and go to Washington D.C where we saw a mermaid, a lamb, a witch, and Darth Vader. My cousins were so cute all dressed up in their Halloween costumes. On Saturday we went to the Washington D.C. temple. As usual, it was beautiful.

But the real joy this Halloween came in seeing the pictures of my sister and her kids. She is the best mom. Who else would dress up as Velma, put her kids in a Scooby Doo and Shaggy costume, and then go trick or treating with them. She is so creative. I wish I had her talent. Below are some pictures from one proud aunt. My heart melts every time I see pictures of those kids. How does she do it?(FYI: If you click on the pictures they enlarge)

2 comments:

KaDee said...

Lisa is great, and she makes a fantastic Velma! :)
Thanks for visiting last weekend. We enjoyed it.

Carole Grundvig said...

I love your blog. I am working on mine. You are so wonderful.
Mom